Matt and Amy Wills welcome Julie and her vibrant pastel paintings into the gallery during September and the first week of October. Julie features the local life of Kentucky in many of her works, as well as paintings from her travels. In addition to works by local artists like Julie, the gallery features many unique paintings that the Wills have collected over the years. Be sure to visit this exciting new gallery when you visit many of the restaurants located on this block in downtown Lexington. The Wills Gallery is nestled between Wine+Market and Grey Goose, and directly across the street from Enoteca.
- Eagerly anticipated by artists and community alike, join us for Lexington's 5th outside painting extravaganza on Saturday, June 30th,2018.
- Stroll around and see over 50 artists who have chosen their own favorite spot to create a streetscape of downtown Lexington, capturing its character, color and historic charm.
- Watch plein aire artists in action during the day as they work away at their easels in different media to created original images all within a six block walkable downtown radius.
- Sometimes artists choose the same spot and yet each will have a different painterly style or medium!
- Maps will be available at ArtsPlace, 161 North Mill Street, to help locate favorite artists as well as discover new ones.
- Artists will paint the town from 8:00am - 2:00pm.
- But plan to come back at 6:00pm and enjoy the exhibition of all their work that will be hung and displayed at ArtsPlace.
- Curated by Becky Atkinson Alley.
- There will be an Artists' Reception open to the public 6:00 - 9:00pm with hors d'oeuvres, wine, and live music.
- In addition to "Best in Show" and 2nd and 3rd Place Awards there will also be a "People's Choice". So come and vote for your own personal favorite!
- All exhibited works will be for sale and will remain on display at ArtsPlace through the following Gallery Hop on July 20, 2018.
- A percentage of sales will given as a scholarship to a SCAPA high school graduate planning a career in arts.
- Support local artists!
Stroll through downtown on Satruday morining, June 30th. and look for me and over 50 plein aire artists as we paint in the downtown area. We will paint in the morning and then frame and hang our works in the gallery at Artsplace, 161 N. Mill Street. A judged exhibition and reception will feature all of our works, and reception tickets can be purchased and used toward the purchase of a painting. I look forward to seeing you there!
The Local Taco Restaurant, 315 S. Limestone, Lexington Ky, 40508, 11:00 am -12:00 pm everyday in campus town At UK
Julie shares some of her favorite equestrian paintings from the past year with the locals at the Local Taco. You can see her paintings in the rooms on the first floor while enjoying creative Tex-Mex cuisine.
Julie created a brand new series of 14 equine paintings called "The Colors of the Meet" for Gratz Park Inn to be featured through December 2016. Her work features the many facets of the meets at race courses in Kentucky. All works are original pastels on 18x18' paper. She captures the spirit of horses in motion, the relationships between horse and rider, and moments experienced by anyone who may have had the opportunity to visit a racecourse during a meet.
A Solo Exhibit of 24 framed soft pastels with an emphasis on Kentucky life and landscapes. Giclee Prints are also available at Centered in their gift shop. Easy and free parking in front of Centered. Centered is open daily 9 am- 7pm and the Art gallery is located just past the art center area.
Julie currently has a solo exhibit of 8 pastel paintings on display at the Great Bagel restaurant in Lexington on Woodland and Euclid Avenues in University Plaza. Her paintings are a vibrant composite of landscapes, cityscapes, and equine.